- Transformation of markets for energy efficient technologies in buildings and the built environment in the Maldives; and
- Promotion of energy efficiency investments in buildings, particularly through private-public partnerships.
The overall objective of this project is to mainstream energy efficiency measures into policies, guidelines, standards and building practices in the Maldives and to achieve a substantial reduction of GHG emissions as a result of improved buildings and building management practices and to leverage substantial investment in activities leading to increased energy efficiency.
- Component 1: Adoption of policy, institutional and legislative framework to lower energy use in the building sector
- Component 2: Demonstration of innovative financing to lower energy use in the building sector
- Component 3: Capacity enhancement to lower the energy use and GHG emissions in the building sector
- Component 4: Monitoring and assessment system to measure effectiveness of the project interventions and to support replication